I got this email from my gym today:
WE’RE CLOSING THE MT.VERNON LOCATION
We are so sorry and really tried, but it looks like we got to this party too early. This neighborhood is going to be one of the best in the city in a few years. We were prepared to go the distance, but factors beyond our control prevented us from doing that.
You deserve an explanation. Here are the primary reasons.
- The development of the Mt.Vernon triangle area slowed considerably which delayed the sales of condos and apartments in the City Vista neighborhood
- Roughly half the members needed to sustain the monthly expenses
- Unanticipated $18,000 monthly tax bill on top of the $60,000 monthly rent
- 2 years of vacant retail/restaurant spaces on our side of the building
- Four major floods from the apartments above
September 1st? Thanks for the advanced notice.
This majorly sucks.